You don't have to know rocket science to row a boat, but it helps to have gear made by a company who does. Cataract shafts are made with the same filament wound glass/carbon/epoxy composite technology used by the aerospace industry.
Blades Sold Separately. Shaft lengths are listed here as including the blade. Please see the Specs Tab for ACTUAL shaft length.
- These oars perform like no others, translating muscle energy into stroke power more effectively than other oars, giving you the ultimate in oar responsiveness.
- The SGX model is ideal for the boater who wants a stiffer, lighter, longer oar (10' and 11') on heavier boats; it's 33% stiffer than the SGG shaft. Cataract shafts are ground and painted for smooth finish.
- 1/8" thick grips cushion the handles.
- Blades are sold separately so that you can choose the width and brand that best suits your needs. The removable blades also permit easy storage and transport.
- Shaft lengths are listed as the final length, which will include the approximately 27" long blade you choose (sold separately). For a list of ACTUAL shaft lengths, please click on the Specs tab.