The Cataract X-Wound Oar Shaft has the same great durability and natural flex as the SGG shaft, while being lighter in weight to reduce rowing fatigue.
Blades Sold Separately. Shaft lengths are listed here as including the blade. Please see the Specs Tab for ACTUAL shaft lengths.
- Each shaft is 1/2 pound lighter than a Cataract SGG shaft.
- This weight savings really adds up to less muscle strain when you're swinging those oars on a long river stretch.
- The oars have an all carbon-fiber layer on the outside, so they are only available in black.
- Like the SGG oar shaft, the X-Wound flexes and rebounds like wood without the weight or need for maintenance.
- Cataract, Carlisle and 1 5/8" shank Sawyer blades fit in these shafts.
- Blades are sold separately so that you can choose the width and brand that best suits your needs. The removable blades also permit easy storage and transport.
- Shaft lengths are listed as the final length, which will include the approximately 27" long blade you choose (sold separately). For a list of ACTUAL shaft lengths, please click on the Specs tab.